Re: [Qemu-discuss] instruction tracing based on qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] instruction tracing based on qemu
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 11:40:43 +0000

On 1 November 2017 at 02:35, 李阳 <address@hidden> wrote:
> Recently, I want to use QEMU to trace the instruction features of the
> specified binary.
>
> My host: X86
> Guest: ARMv8,
>
> I run the benchmark on the AArch64 Operating System in QEMU and I want to
> collect the instruction data of the binary.
> The instruction features include: # of INT ALU, #of INT MUL, # of INT DIV,
> # of FP ADD, # of FP MUL, # of FP DIV, # of LOAD, # of STORE.
>
> I have no idea about where and how to identify the type of instruction.

QEMU does not currently provide any mechanism for doing this
kind of tracing, I'm afraid. (There's some experimental
stuff floating around but using it requires some familiarity
with QEMU internals.) You may be able to get what you want
by taking debug traces with -d options and post-processing
them, but that's not trivial and you need to know what the
debug logs are telling you to interpret them correctly.

We're looking at adding a proper tracing/instrumentation
feature, but that's still in the design proposals stage.

thanks