Re: [Qemu-discuss] LM3S6965evb RAM size

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] LM3S6965evb RAM size
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 16:42:32 +0100

On 6 October 2017 at 16:25, Hui Yie Teh <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering what the default RAM size for the board LM3S6965evb is?
>
> I am trying to increase the size of the RAM using:
>
> *qemu-system-arm -no-reboot -nographic -M lm3s6965evb -m 512M -kernel
> o-optimize/test.exe*

You get 64KB of RAM and 256KB of flash.

> and I've tried increasing it to -*m 1G *but I'm still getting errors for my
> application for not having enough RAM size.

The stellaris board models ignore the specified -m argument; you
always get the amount of RAM and flash that the real hardware has.
(There is certainly not enough space in the physical address
map to fit a gigabyte of RAM anyway.)

If you want something with more RAM you might try the new-in-2.10
board mps2-an511 which has 16MB of RAM.

Remember that these are models of embedded device systems which
typically have very limited RAM and flash sizes.

thanks