Re: [Qemu-discuss] cortex M4F support

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] cortex M4F support
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2017 11:29:07 +0100

On 8 September 2017 at 11:14, massimiliano cialdi
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I believe that this goes beyond my skills. However, where could I start
> from? Can I copy/paste something from somewhere?

I'm afraid it's more complicated than copy-and-pasting.
Most of the floating point instructions themselves we
already have implementations for for A profile cores, which
can be reused. There are some differences which would need
to be attended to.
The biggest lump of new code to be written will be regarding
exception handling -- the architecture defines rules for how
floating point registers need to be saved and restored
for exception entry and exit, including rules for handling
delaying saving of the fp regs until/unless the exception
handler actually touches them.

thanks