Re: [Qemu-discuss] Live VM backup

From: Aleksei
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Live VM backup
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 20:13:22 +0300

> Because all libvirt stuff starts with "copy this XML file and customize it" and there's little or no documentation about that XML.

What? https://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html

On 29/08/17 19:52, Vincenzo Romano wrote:
Il 29 ago 2017 6:49 PM, "Aleksei" <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> ha scritto:

    Why not use libvirt? It even has a documentation on live backups:
    http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit
    <http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Live-disk-backup-with-active-blockcommit>
    I don't know if it's possible with plain qemu.

Because all libvirt stuff starts with "copy this XML file and customize it" and there's little or no documentation about that XML.

And because I need to understand the hardcore stuff before going the soft way.