Re: [Qemu-discuss] Getting The Performance monitoring interrupt fired

From: Parfait Tokponnon
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Getting The Performance monitoring interrupt fired
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 20:34:50 +0100

Right :) I think this discussion was well before vPMU was implemented. I think the best approach
is to try a case where it's known to work (such as Linux) and then try to backstep on why it's
not working in your case.
You are damn right.
I don't know if there is a special perf option to collect info about PMI interrupt on linux so the way I proceed is
perf stat -e r0c0:u sleep 5   // collect the number of instructions in usermode for 5s ---> to force-generate some PMI
cat /proc/interrupts | grep PMI            // to see the number of PMI interrupt issued meanwhile

when running on qemu with kvm enabled I can see a difference up to 981 PMI,
Conclusion: It works
So I have to find now the reason why it does not work on my system.
However, Thank you so far for your lightning contribution

--
Parfait T.