Re: [Qemu-discuss] Override ECX for guest

From: Nerijus Baliunas
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Override ECX for guest
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 13:16:48 +0200

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 12:02:16 +0100 (CET) Mikael <address@hidden> wrote:

> > You could try to build module for AES acceleration with the same vermagic
> > (look at the output of modinfo some_module.ko) and try to insmod it
> > without changing the running kernel.
>
> Thanks for the tip. I have considered this. As the kernel is heavily patched
> / backported I'd be fully dependent on the vendor providing me their GPL part
> of the sources.

I meant to take the stock kernel sources (or RH patched sources), change
vermagic/
modversions in it to match the vendor kernel, build it, and try to insert the
built module.
I did it successfully for a tablet (touchscreen driver) in the past. There is a
probability
that module will work (but of course, it may not work as well).

Regards,
Nerijus