[Qemu-discuss] Some not working devices in Windows 10 guest

From: Xi Shen
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Some not working devices in Windows 10 guest
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2017 12:47:44 +0000

Hi,

My setup is:

Host: libvirt, qemu, virt-manager
Guest: Windows 10 64 bit, almost default for all option from creating VM

I have finished setting up the guest, and had let Windows run update. But there are still 3 devices listed in the "Device Manager" that has an exclamation mark. They are:

- HID Button over Interrupt Driver (any idea??)
- PCI Device
- PCI Simple Communication Controller

I noticed that the virt-manager added a bunch of PCI controllers by default. I think they are causing this problem. But I have no idea which one I can remove.

Also, the bottom 2 PCI devices are also shown as USB devices, and I can reject them from the USB tray icon. Very strange.

I know they pretty won't affect me using the VM, but I just want to know if I can get the correct driver for them, or remove the corresponding controller from the VM settings.

Thanks,
David.