Re: [Qemu-discuss] "main-loop: WARNING: I/O thread spun for 1000 iterati

From: Aleksei
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] "main-loop: WARNING: I/O thread spun for 1000 iterations" when playing audio
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2016 18:01:02 +0300

If I understand ALSA correctly, not using dmix will cause sound-producing applications to grab the sound card exclusively if it doesn't support HW mixing. I would try it in any case, if only to eliminate problems on the host side.

System-wide ALSA config is /etc/asound.conf, user-specific is ~/.asoundrc. The syntax is not intuitive, to say the least.

See here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Advanced_Linux_Sound_Architecture#Dmix

--Regards, Aleksei