[Qemu-discuss] Object Assertion Failure help

From: Kyawmyint, Matthew M
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Object Assertion Failure help
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 18:20:18 +0000

Hello,

I’ve been having issues with using Qemu along with Cisco’s Vector Packet Processing (VPP) library (for the sock0.sock socket). When I run this command:

sudo qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1G -smp 2 -chardev socket,id=char0,path=/tmp/sock0.sock -netdev type=vhost-user,id=mynet1,chardev=char0,vhostforce -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=mynet1,mac=52:54:00:02:d9:00 -object memory-backend-file,id=mem,size=1GB,mem-path=/mnt/huge,share=on -numa node,memdev=mem -mem-prealloc /var/lib/libvirt/images/centos7.0.qcow2

When that happens, I get this error message:

ERROR:qom/object.c:437:object_new_with_type: assertion failed: (type != NULL)

I’ve seen other people posting on forums with this issue related to Intel’s Open Virtual Switch (OVS), but none of the posts have been resolved. I think it may be related to the object memory-backend-file line, but I don’t really know how to fix it at this point. Does anyone know anything about this object assertion failure?

Thanks,
Matthew Kyawmyint