[Qemu-discuss] Specifying ACPI tables

From: David Renz
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Specifying ACPI tables
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2016 19:45:06 +0200

Hello everyone,

I want to test the effects of the ACPI table's code extracted from my system on a Linux system running on QEMU by comparing it with an identically configured VM system which doesn't use this ACPI code. Howevever, I always get the error message that the maximum size for the ACPI code is limited to 64kb, which seems to be a known issue. Is there any solution or work-around for this? And why does this limitation exist anyway? By the way, it's the same in the case of VirtualBox.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

David