Re: [Qemu-discuss] [problem]-starting a VM causes RT (latency) problem f

From: Yan Fridland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] [problem]-starting a VM causes RT (latency) problem for application running on another VM
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 15:50:38 +0000

Looks like I saw the reason for that but I have no idea why this is happening.

Immediately after running "virsh start VM2" I saw on VM1 a swapper thread running for a lot of time causing this delay and another thing when I checked "top" before and after I saw a drop in a free RAM memory and increase in a SWAP available memory (both by ~100M). this explains why the swapper showed up.

BUT how can you explain such behavior if I have totally isolated VMs running with 4G RAM each when on the HOST I have ~60G of free RAM space? Is it possible that both QEMUs try to allocate a shared memory region in HOSTs RAM that causes such interference ?

Thanks,

Yan