[Qemu-discuss] [problem] QEMU-GA & Windows 10

From: Frank Sfalanga Jr .
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] [problem] QEMU-GA & Windows 10
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:30:32 +0000

Hello,

Ubuntu 14.04LTS
KVM/Qemu

After a bit of struggle I was recently able to get Windows 10 running in
a VM with kvm/qemu.  I have the virtio drivers installed and have
converted the disk to the .qcow2 file system.

The last piece of the puzzle is getting the QEMU GUEST AGENT working.
I've googled around and found reports of people successfully upgrading
Windows 7 to Windows 10 but cannot find any reports of success using
qemu guest agent with a Windows 10 clean install.

My issue specifically is that the QEMU GUEST AGENT VSS PROVIDER will
start if I do it manually, the GUEST AGENT itself will not, ever.  I
receive the following error:

ERROR 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request
in a timely fashion.

Hopefully there is a fix, or you can point me to the correct mailing
list if this is not it.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,

-Frank