Re: [Qemu-discuss] Latency degradation on VM due to several QEMU process

From: Alex
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Latency degradation on VM due to several QEMU processes on the host.
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 15:40:08 +0300

Hi,
Take a look at Qemu's realtime feature, might be what you need.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/vfio-users/2015-September/msg00143.html

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/sites/events/files/slides/kvmforum2015-realtimekvm.pdf

/--Regards, Alex/

On 19/06/16 14:38, Yan Fridland wrote:
Hi,

Can you please comment on the overhead QEMU brings in terms of latency
and CPU utilization?

I am running a highly latency sensitive application on my VMs and I see
some degradation in performance when running 2 QEMU processes on a
single core, or even when I run 1 QEMU process on a single core without
a dedicated affinity and RT priority to the QEMU process.

Can I make the QEMU lighter to be able to run 2,3 or more QEMUs on a
single core? Is it matter of XML configuration / affinity / priority or
anything else?

Thank you,

Yan