[Qemu-discuss] Various questions

From: Berillions
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Various questions
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 14:20:23 +0200

Hi,

i'm new with qemu-kvm and I have few question and problem.
My PC Spec is this :
- Intel I7-6700
- 8GB Memory Ram
- Nvidia GTX 970
- One Monitor (Intel Graphic Card to HDMI and Nvidia to DVI)

1- I created with success a Win10 partition and I can launch it correctly. But i have a big problem with my keyboard when i launch qemu :

- If I use "-usb -usbdevice host:3938:1036 -usbdevice host:046d:c31c", the mouse and keyboard work correctly but I can't switch to the Host (Debian) from the Guest (Windows), "Ctrl + Alt" does not work

- I I use "-usb -device usb-mouse -device usb-kbd", I can switch between the both OS but the Keyboard on the Guest (Windows) does not work, i have always this message :
usb-kbd: warning: key event queue full

2- I found two scripts on Intenet to Install and Start Windows VM :
- kvm-install : http://pastebin.com/FKhgj7tc
- kvm-start : http://pastebin.com/EppWktuU

I'm not if these scripts are correct but when i launch Windows 10, the OS is slow (but usable). The Disk Usage is often to 100% so to install applications, games is more long than on Win10 native.

3- I think that i'll buy a new Nvidia card, the same than actually. The first 970 will be for Linux and the second for Win10.

Before to buy it, i would like to know if it will be possible to install the Nvidia driver for my Linux card to play at Linux games.

I blacklisted only Nouveau driver.

Thanks for your help,
Maxime