Re: [Qemu-discuss] Disk Corruption

From: Dominique Ramaekers
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Disk Corruption
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 06:30:38 +0000

I want to note:
Two times I also had a corrupted disk after a shutdown with virsh shutdown. I
had the feeling virsh destroyed the domain when the shutdown took to long. I
know this shouldn't be the behavior of virsh shutdown, but still... Now I use
commands like this to be sure virsh only uses safe shutdown methods:
$ virsh shutdown $VM --mode=agent || virsh shutdown $VM --mode=acpi
# if the shutdown trough the agent doesn't work, do a acpi shutdown...