Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-i386 maple apt-get

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-i386 maple apt-get
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 14:39:47 +0000

On 14 January 2016 at 13:50, Franz-Josef Haider
<address@hidden> wrote:
> This would be a unstripped version of the qemu-i386 binary:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9f8pcn5co34khn/qemu-i386?dl=0, although i think
> it is not worth trying to pursue this any further, because i have updated
> GCC in my build chroot (scratchbox) to version 4.7.2 and libc to 2.5.1
> (which were available in some third party repositories for my device) which
> still seems ancient but far better than what i had previously. The crash is
> gone now.

Thanks. I'll have a look at the binary anyway to see if I can see
if this looks like a gcc/libc side issue or a QEMU bug.

> But i had to apply the attached patch in order for it to compile.
> Seems like -Wno-sign-compare has to be after -Wall and std::abs has no "long
> long int" version on this compiler.

Aha, thanks for figuring out what was wrong with that no-sign-compare
patch. I'll send something to the list that fixes it.

The std::abs thing is slightly worrying, I haven't seen that myself.
I guess this is 32-bit system + older compiler...

thanks