Re: [Qemu-discuss] Antw: raw block -> RBD live migration

From: Nikola Ciprich
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Antw: raw block -> RBD live migration
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 13:30:28 +0100

Hello Steffen,

thanks for your reply..

> 1. Did you test a migration to non-rbd storage succesfully without this
> bad behavior after migration?
nope, I was onbly testing migration to RBD, but it seemed to be OK. I only
have this one windows VM which seemed to be damaged, but I'm not sure if
it was caused by migration or not.. but it seems to be strange coincidence,
so I'm rather paranoid here..

> 2. Did you install and run another vm on your rbd storage? Does this vm
> perform normally?
yes, there are other machines working on this storage without issues..
also I've migrated other vms using this procedure without issues

so I'm still uncertain now, whether it's safe or not..

BR

nik

--