Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu for non-interactive testing

From: Wink Saville
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to use qemu for non-interactive testing
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:53:57 +0000

Can you give me some pointers to implementations that use these techniques. Txs.

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015, 4:02 AM Jakob Bohm <address@hidden> wrote:
There is a monitor and/or qmp command to simulate a "soft"
press on the power button, which would trigger any OS
provided clean shut down logic via ACPI/APM.

There is a different monitor and/or qmp command to simulate
a hard power off while still keeping the virtualization
aspect of e.g. qcow2 files consistent.

Finally, there is the option to simply kill the qemu
process.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  https://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2860 Søborg, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10