Re: [Qemu-discuss] Modern Network Interface Card emulation

From: Wink Saville
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Modern Network Interface Card emulation
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 21:31:06 +0000

Yea, but I was hoping to just get something that limped along :)

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 11:15 AM Dale R. Worley <address@hidden> wrote:
Wink Saville <address@hidden> writes:
> Thanks for the insight, but I'm trying to do something different. I'm
> creating a bare metal system and I'd like to use qemu to emulate a "real"
> system so I can develop "drivers" (a NIC to start with) and then, most
> importantly, test it on a "real" hardware.

I'm sure that's a way to start writing a driver, but that is depending
on the emulation on Qemu to reflect all of the difficult aspects of the
real hardware.  As someone wrote long ago, you can't write reliable
device drivers from the manuals.

Dale