Re: [Qemu-discuss] Installation Error Qebek On Qemu

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Installation Error Qebek On Qemu
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 17:13:32 +0000

On 18 December 2015 at 14:43, Dale R. Worley <address@hidden> wrote:
> There probably is an error in the qemu-options.texi file, as indicated
> by the error messages.
>
> Unfortunately, the makefile that controls "make" is preventing the
> commands from showing, so you don't see the exact command that is
> finding the error, and thus can't manually re-execute it.  You may be
> able to avoid that by adding "-d" or "--debug=j" to "sudo make".

You can get QEMU's makefile to show you the commands
it is executing by passing "V=1" on its command line.

Incidentally, qemu-options.texi is autogenerated from
qemu-options.hx.

The fundamental issue here is that QEBEK appears to be based
on a very old version of QEMU (0.14.0). The bug in question
has almost certainly been fixed in current QEMU, at about the
point where the new version of texinfo came out.

Possible approaches here are either to do as Ken suggests and
use an old version of texinfo, or try to fix the issue in QEMU.
(I suspect it might be commit c70a01e449 that fixed this
in master, though of course that won't apply directly to
the 0.14.0 tree.)

thanks