[Qemu-discuss] Windows Update Virtio Drivers

From: James Watson
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Windows Update Virtio Drivers
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 10:21:16 +1300

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that Windows Update recently added a signed virtio driver package under the optional updates. From what I can tell:

-It is the current release from the "Latest" branch (110).
-Only available from Server 2012 R2 or newer.

I have done testing with it and been unable to find a problem as of yet.

Does anyone have information on why the stable branch was not used? Were older windows versions not included because it wasn't found to not be stable with the "latest" drivers?

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Windows_Virtio_Drivers states the following for the "latest" release:

" This provides the latest driver builds. They may be development quality, or bug free, or complete broken. Caveat emptor :)"

Kind Regards,
James Watson
BTG

James Watson