Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu tcp server option not working.

From: Supriti Singh
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Qemu tcp server option not working.
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 17:28:55 +0100

My bad. I assumed the ones in top are the latest one. Will try out the new one. Thanks again.

On 06-Nov-2015 3:42 pm, "Jakob Bohm" <address@hidden> wrote:
On 06/11/2015 15:17, Supriti Singh wrote:
Hello,

I installed qemu on windows 8.1 from this link http://qemu.weilnetz.de/w64/ and the package is "qemu-20121204-w64.exe".

That file is almost 3 years old, try something current.

I used this command:

qemu-system-x86-64 -serial tcp:localhost:20711,server -pflash="path to the image".

I expect qemu process to wait for a listening process before doing anything because of "server" option. But it does not wait. The monitor is started right away. Also, if I try to do telnet on 20711, I expected some serial output. But I don't see any thing.

I have tried the same setup on my other windows 8.1 with same version of qemu and it worked there. But I don't know why it does not work here.

Really, I wouldn't expect a December 2012 version to work flawlessly on Windows 8.1 (NT 6.03) from 2014.

Enjoy

Jakob