[Qemu-discuss] RES: ESX 4.1 does not recognize the converted VMDK file

From: Flavio Borup
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] RES: ESX 4.1 does not recognize the converted VMDK file
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 12:01:15 -0200

Using FC/b win Windows, and comparing two converted .VMDK files (first one
using parameter monolithicFlat and the second one, not), the diff is:

Comparing files [monolithicFlat].vmdk and defaul-non-monolithicFlat.VMDK
00000000: EB 4B
00000001: 48 44
00000002: 90 4D
00000003: 10 56
00000004: 8E 01
00000005: D0 00
00000006: BC 00
00000008: B0 03
00000009: B8 00
0000000C: 8E 00
0000000D: D8 00
0000000E: 8E 20
0000000F: C0 08
00000010: FB 00
00000011: BE 00
00000013: 7C 00
00000014: BF 80
00000016: 06 00
00000017: B9 00
00000019: 02 00
0000001A: F3 00
0000001B: A4 00
0000001C: EA 01
0000001D: 21 00
0000001E: 06 00
00000021: BE 00
00000022: BE 00
00000023: 07 00
00000024: 38 14
00000025: 04 00
00000026: 75 00
00000027: 0B 00
00000028: 83 00
00000029: C6 00
0000002A: 10 00
0000002B: 81 00

Comparing files HDD1.vmdk and HDD2.VMDK, both files, from a fully functional
VM, cretaed by ESX

000001B8: 15 C9
000001B9: 87 F0
000001BA: B2 FB