Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-timer.c and ivshmem.c compiling error

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu-timer.c and ivshmem.c compiling error
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 13:09:40 +0100

On 13 October 2015 at 13:00, Muhammad Asif <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Geeks,
>
> We intend to use KVM with libvmi for VM introspection. libvmi provide a
> patch to get this functionality with KVM.
> I downloaded qemu-kvm-0.14.0/ and patch it respectively and them try to
> compile as following link.
> https://github.com/libvmi/libvmi/tree/master/tools/qemu-kvm-patch

This is an absolutely ancient version of QEMU, and you should
use something more modern instead. It looks like there's a
patch against QEMU 1.5.1 in that directory, although that is
still a two year old release.

I notice also that the libvmi README says the patch
"is buggy and may cause your VM to crash / lose data / etc".
If I were you I'd use the other option they suggest, of using
QEMU's built in gdb stub rather than applying their patch.

thanks