Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest fails to reconnect after host network goes down

From: Vlad Yasevich
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Guest fails to reconnect after host network goes down
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 19:51:38 -0400

On 08/27/2015 05:51 PM, Jakob Bohm wrote:
> On 27/08/2015 18:26, Vlad Yasevich wrote:
>> On 08/27/2015 12:13 PM, Davide Baldini wrote:
>>
>> I just looked and Debian7 is very old and has 3.2 kernel.  Any chance to try
>> with
>> something a bit more modern?
> FYI: Debian has very long release cycles (years between
> releases), and Debian 8 was released only sometime during
> 2015 (and was obviously premature, for example DNS
> resolver config is broken out of the box on any network
> with both IPv4 and IPv6, unlike in previous releases).
>
> Debian 6 is still supported with LTS updates, while
> Debian 7 receives even more updates.  It isn't bleeding
> edge, because it aims for stability and safety.
>
> Now I don't know if Mr. Baldini is in a position to
> update to Debian 8 at this time, but just wanted to
> clear up the mistaken belief that "Debian 7 is very
> old".

Ok, but how good is the backport effort.  At this point, I
have no idea what might be happening as I don't have a system
with Debian 7 and can't reproduce this in any of my environments.

tcpdump trace might help.  Alternatively, file a bug with Debian
and let the distro maintainers sort it out.

-vlad