[Qemu-discuss] Guest agent on CentOS 5 VM

From: Robert Fitzpatrick
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Guest agent on CentOS 5 VM
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 10:14:55 -0400

Is it possible to get the QEMU guest agent on a CentOS 5.11 virtual machine? I am running the VM on a CentOS 7 virtual host with qemu-1.5.3. I was trying to do a live backup, but it complains the guest is not installed and I haven't been able to find a way to install.

Not even sure if I won't run into another problem afterward since it is not the latest 2.x version of qemu. Does anyone have the latest version of qemu-2.x running on CentOS 7? I assume this needs to be done from source, or recommend a distribution for running the latest version.

--
Robert