Re: [Qemu-discuss] libvirt - VM failing to boot

From: Laurent Dumont
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] libvirt - VM failing to boot
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 16:22:49 -0400

**Sorry, was meant for the list**

This is what I don't understand. The VM is up according the virsh, but the cpu is going to crazy at 100% usage.

virsh console vm_name -> No output and the exit code doesn't seem to work. I've moved the .qcow2 file to a Proxmox hypervisor and launched the same VM just fine. It does seem to indicate that the disk file itself is okay. I might have to setup vnc and see what actually gets outputted by the VM.

I have a VM that is consistently failing to boot properly. It seems to
launch okay but it's not reachable by ping or ssh. Anything else I could
try to debug the issue further.
Does the guest OS have its networking enabled?  Does it have the right
IP address assigned, etc.?

Dale