Re: [Qemu-discuss] Starting troubles in running stm32f4 on an i386

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Starting troubles in running stm32f4 on an i386
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2015 23:36:47 +0900

On 4 March 2015 at 23:32, Srinath M <address@hidden> wrote:
> The binary is for a very custom board.
> http://autoquad.org/
> I have replaced the sensor reading tasks with an onboard simulation that
> feeds 'virtual sensor values' to the STM32F4. This way the executable is now
> entirely self contained and doesn't call any physical sensors etc
>
> I would rather alter qemu to add the functionality needed if there was some
> documentation on how to go about it, if that's the way to go about it

It can be done, but it's a big and complicated job (think of it
as about as much effort as porting an OS like Linux to the board
would be: each device needs a device model to be written, and
that's about as much work as writing a device driver). There's
no documentation, you have to look at the existing QEMU source
code to see how to write new device models.