Re: [Qemu-discuss] Dear Qemu-Discuss Team - How can i setting Setting of

From: Jakob Bohm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Dear Qemu-Discuss Team - How can i setting Setting of 8G RAM Host
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 07:41:28 +0100

On 30-01-2015 03:29, 여승준 wrote:

Oops, I didn’t describe my qemu kvm version.

I resend mail.

Hello. I’m Qemu KVM User for testing Virtualization.

I was installed Qemu KVM Virt-manager Package in Linux Centos Version 6.6.

And I Adding Virtual Host For Windows 2003.

I successed install Windows 2003 Host in qemu-kvm But I can’t setting memory 8GB.

If I setting 8G RMA in qemu virt-manager’s Host Information, Can’t install Virtual Host.

So I setting 3072MB, then I can install virtual host ( windows 2003 and any host )

I need over the Virtualized Host of over 4GB RAM. (exactly 8G RAM)

How Can I setting Virtualized Host of 8GB RAM?

Please reply to Mail Address address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>

address@hidden ~]# rpm -qa virt-manager libvirt qemu-system-x86 openssh-askpass libcanberra-devel

libcanberra-devel-0.22-1.el6.centos.x86_64

libvirt-0.10.2-46.el6_6.3.x86_64

openssh-askpass-5.3p1-104.el6_6.1.x86_64

virt-manager-0.9.0-28.el6.x86_64

You still haven't listed the version of qemu (qemu-system-x86)
and kvm (part of the Linux kernel or a patch), but it looks
like you may be using some old stuff.

A few tips:

I cannot find it now, but I seem to recall that some older
Windows version had a bug where the OS installer would crash
if there was too much RAM, but Windows would be fine if you
had less RAM while installing Windows and the needed update
before increasing the RAM.

On the other hand 32 bit editions of XP and 2003 with their
latest servicepacks are *artificially* limited to 4GiB RAM
to work around a few broken pieces of PCI hardware/drivers
that hadn't been tested properly with DMA addresses larger
than 32 bit.  Stupidly, the original versions (before the
big "security features" servicepack) could use the larger
memory just fine if you didn't have one of the bad pieces
of hardware and just added the "/PAE" switch in BOOT.INI,
just like you could in Windows 2000 and NT 4.0 SP3+.  But
when "/PAE" became the default they saw that it broke some
hardware, panicked and added a hard 4G limit.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10