[Qemu-discuss] target versatilepb with a device tree

From: rku slov
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] target versatilepb with a device tree
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 17:55:50 +0100

Hi,
I'm using the versatilepb_defconfig specifying that device tree should be used in the kernel config.
I use the linux/arch/arm/boot/dts/versatile-pb.dts which get appended to the zImage.

I'm not entirely sure how the device tree should be given to the kernel.
 I saw the -dtb option but I don't know what it does exactly. I tried using it while disabling the appending to the zImage but qemu just don't do anything.

I use the following commandline to boot qemu:

qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb \
  -kernel output/images/zImage \
   -append "root=/dev/ram console=ttyAMA0" \
   -initrd output/images/rootfs.cpio \
   -serial stdio

I was just asking myself what was the qemu way of handling the use of the device tree.

Thanks in advance !