[Qemu-discuss] wrong command on snapshot wiki

From: vrms
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] wrong command on snapshot wiki
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:38:55 +0800

I am not 100% sure whether this is the right place to raise this issue. Hopefully someone with more insight can forward this to right person

on this wikipage >>> http://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/CreateSnapshot  a wrong command for creating snapshots is posted.

    qemu-img create -f qcow2 -b centos-cleaninstall.img snapshot.img

As far as I know such a command would creat a copy-on-write image and not a snapshot. On the german debianforum.de I got another suggestion which I have not tested yet, but sounds more likely to be correct to me

    qemu-img snapshot -c [snapshot_name] [base_name]

I could imagine the order of [snapshot_name] & [base_name] might be vice versa though