[Qemu-discuss] Issue with qemu chroot and musl

From: Dave Flogeras
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Issue with qemu chroot and musl
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:14:19 -0300

I have used aboriginal linux (http://landley.net/aboriginal/) 1.2.8 to
create a musl based root filesystem with the following command:

MUSL=1 ./build.sh armv6l

After this I set up binfmt to call a qemu-arm (which I have build
statically via Gentoo portage).  If I chroot into the root-filesystem
I can work with it, but I notice that I am being peppered with "qemu:
Unsupported syscall: 346".

This does not happen when I qemu+chroot into other arm roots (albeit
glibc or uClibc based).  I have boiled it down the to simplest C
program to reproduce the warning:

#include <sys/epoll.h>
int main() { epoll_wait( 0,0,0,0 ); }

Is this a musl support issue, or am I doing something wrong? (Or I guess both :)

Thanks,
Dave