Re: [Qemu-discuss] Memory host - guest sharing

From: Sławomir Kowalewski
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Memory host - guest sharing
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 15:44:18 +0200

Hi,

does somebody use IVSHMEM on arm host/guest?

Pozdrawiam
Sławomir Kowalewski

Hi,

this is one of possible solution but we can't use pci but sysbus instead.
So there will be need to rewrite IVSHMEM.

Pozdrawiam
Sławomir Kowalewski

Hi Sławomir,

If you are using linux, how about using IVSHMEM?
You may be able to get physical memory from hugetlbfs on host, then
export it as pci memory to a guest.
Then, mmap it from user application of the guest.

Thanks,
Tetsuya