Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu too slow

Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] qemu too slow
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:55:53 +0200

You have right.
I am a long time user of qemu and in the past I was able to use it and it
worked perfectly.
I am pretty sure that I have not correctly built qemu or one if its
dependencies.
I don't know why this version I have built is so slow...

That's how I have built it:
$ DIR="qemu-2.1.0"
$ DESTDIR="/tmp/${DIR}"
$ tar xvf ${DIR}.tar.bz2
$ cd ${DIR}
$ ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
$ make
$ make install DESTDIR=${DESTDIR}
$ cd -
$ rm -rfv ${DIR}

But anyway, I have also tried with a version compiled with this SlackBuild:
http://slackbuilds.org/repository/14.1/system/qemu/
And again, it does not work.

So, if someone knows how I can find the reason of this strange behavior, please
tell me.