[Qemu-discuss] Implementing a vhost-user client in BSD license software

From: Tetsuya.Mukawa
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Implementing a vhost-user client in BSD license software
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 16:32:46 +0900

Hi,

I am implementing a client of vhost-user that is a new feature of QEMU-2.1.
(The vhost-user creates a unix domain socket to send and receive
virtio-net informations.)

Anyway, I need data definitions to understand message from vhost-user.

My problem is that our project is BSD license.
What is a correct way to import data definitions from GPL code?

I've found followings.
http://elinux.org/Legal_Issues
http://lkml.iu.edu//hypermail/linux/kernel/0301.1/0362.html

In my case, those definitions are in 'hw/virtio/vhost-user.c'. So those
are not in header files.
Can I copy definitions from 'hw/virtio/vhost-user.c'?
Or should I write my definition?

Could someone please let me know a right direction?

Regards,
Tetsuya