[Qemu-discuss] quick start help after build

From: graff zeltner
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] quick start help after build
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 08:56:59 +0200

Hi,

I was pleasantly surprised to find a plethora of options in the latest qemu version 2.0.95. I have spent a couple of hours reading the documentation, and unfortunately was not able to run the program to see if everything works. I have a file generated by version 1.7.50 which I was running with qemu-system-x86_64. None of the previous options seem to work. I have a harddisk.img file which runs on 32-bit and 64-bit machine, except that on 64-bit it takes 30+ minutes to boot tinycore linux with qemu. On a 32-bit one, this process takes about 10 minutes. I wanted to try the latest version to see if it can be accelrated a bit. I've tried several different options, but I am stuck at the help menu. Could not boot anything with 'qemu-x86_64 -L /path/to/harddisk.img' or any other options.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

With kind regards,

graff