Re: [Qemu-discuss] Any one have successfully make window 7 guest in kvm

From: Tony Su
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Any one have successfully make window 7 guest in kvm use more than 2 cpus/cores?
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 19:24:50 -0700

  Aside from verifying/supporting the previous posts which state that a
Desktop OS like Win7 only supports 2 CPUs, I wonder why the effort to
even deploy on multiple CPU. Today's OS (all I know of) fully take
advantage of all physical CPUs no matter how many (or few) virtual
CPUs are configured. The only reason I can conceive  of to configure
multiple CPUs is to attempt to partition running processes on physical
CPUs (not virtual) which I highly doubt would be an objective running
any app on Win7 (or similar desktop).