Re: [Qemu-discuss] Live migration of VM

From: Dale R. Worley
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Live migration of VM
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 14:06:59 -0400

> From: Prashant Upadhyaya <address@hidden>

> Is it possible to live migrate a VM (emulating AMD) running on
> native AMD to a machine running native ARM and back with QEMU?

I believe I was incorrect in my previous answer.  Given that Qemu can
support a different guest architecture than the host archicture (via
TCG), it seems that live-migrating from one host architecture to a
different host architecture isn't much more difficult than
live-migrating between two hosts with the same architecture.  (This is
assuming that the emulated peripherals are exactly the same, etc.)

And there does seem to be a migration facility in Qemu, though the
documentation I could find for it is very thin.

Dale