[Qemu-discuss] Video editing in a Qemu-KVM guest

From: Christian Jaeger
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Video editing in a Qemu-KVM guest
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:45:47 +0000

Hi

What's the best way to approach video editing in a guest? I would
assume that going fullscreen using a virtual console (framebuffer?)
would be better than running it within X? I don't need to record
video, just process pre-recorded files.

I'm also looking for a way to minimize keyboarding conflicts between
host and guest, i.e. perhaps use ctl-alt-fX to switch between host and
guest *and back* (and hope never to need to switch virtual consoles
within the guest, but I can always send a key combo to the guest using
its monitor socket, I've got a tool for that already, so no problem),
is this possible?

Thanks for your comments.

Christian.