[Qemu-discuss] Creating a disk image without a CD-ROM

From: Christopher Heckman
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Creating a disk image without a CD-ROM
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 23:26:21 -0700

I've been trying to use Qemu to run Windows XP on my Mac. (As
expected, there are a few programs that simply won't run there.)
However, whenever I try to create a disk image on my Windows machine,
I run into the same problem: I'm asked for my Windows XP CD-ROM.

When I got my computer, I had Windows XP installed on it, and did not
receive a CD-ROM. So how do I proceed?

(I tried looking for an answer to this question already, on the
archives, and on the Web, in various forms. However, I may have missed
something.)

--- Christopher Heckman