[Qemu-discuss] Tracing the call of qemu functions while a virtual machin

From: Shreedhar Kodate
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Tracing the call of qemu functions while a virtual machine is working
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 13:11:02 +0530

hello,
I am running ubuntu 12.04 and 12.10 on another system.I want to understand the steps  occuring during the creation and usage of a virtual machine using virt-manager and virsh. For the purpose of virtualization i am using the qemu-kvm hyper-visor with the base as qemu-1.6.2 on both machines .Can you please help me understand the  whole process .Please tell the order of execution with respect to the functions called and the sequence in which they are called.

I am focussing on the creation and reading of the data in the qcow2 disk used by the vm.It would be great if you can tell us how to create a log file containing the functions called along with their  timestamps.I  had tried to implement a similar thing in the file qcow2.c to understand the order of execution.But after creation of file and doing the proper procedure of making and installing after editing,my virtual machine did not start .
Please help me understand where i went wrong and what can  be done to proceed ahead

thanking you in advance.