[Qemu-discuss] QEMU on VM problem

From: Dmitry Petrunin
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU on VM problem
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 15:07:07 +0000

Hi,

We have Blade Server that runs multiple VMs. VMs run QEMU(0.15).

I am trying to set IP connection(telnet/ping….) from QEMU to external Network w/ no success.

On VM we define br0 that is associated w/ eth1 and tap0. IP is on br0 only.

Then we run QEMU that associate its eth0 w/ tap0 . Ping/telnet does not work…

If I run Ping directly from VM all works fine.

When we run  Wireshark on External device, we do see that Ping Request from QEMU received and Ping response sent.

But Wireshark on VM see only Ping Request.

If I change br0 to behave as proxy-arp and disconnect tap0 from br0 , it starts working. Of cause I see that Ping is sent w/ MAC of bridge and not MAC of QEMU interface.

Any ideas and feedbacks are appreciated.

Regards,

Dmitry