[Qemu-discuss] Fwd: Re: Starting without '-kernel'; isolating VMs

From: Tony Su
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Fwd: Re: Starting without '-kernel'; isolating VMs
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 08:36:52 -0700

1. Your guide describes setting up a chroot, you'd have to describe where you diverged.

2. I noticed your Guide utilizes an incomplete fs, it requires a bind mounts. As you say, that may be typical of debootstrap which I've only looked at and don't use regularly.

3.  The tarballs I've used from OpenVZ were built entirely from official distro repos which ordinarily do not install proprietary apps but as you say there is no gaurantee since all are built by volunteers. Maybe install, then list all packages if that is important to you.

Personally I've never installed a QEMU VM using an ISO except as part of KVM or XEN. All my "pure QEMU" VMs have been built using bootstrap or full fs.

Tony