Re: [Qemu-discuss] Standard benchmarks for VMs

From: Tony Su
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Standard benchmarks for VMs
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 16:48:13 -0700

I guess it really depends on what you're trying measure/benchmark.

Benchmarking is like accounting...
I've seen benchmarks that "prove" all sorts of things, not always
relevant to the real world and certainly questionable relevance to
various setups.

So, the benchmark you reference looks like an interesting and
reasonable benchmark, storage performance is an important factor in
comparing and optimizing overall performance. But, how you use it
might still be important.

IMO,
Tony