[Qemu-discuss] Getting Input/output error while trying to use ttyS0 in t

From: FRNC RAMS
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Getting Input/output error while trying to use ttyS0 in the guest
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 00:12:31 -0400

Hi,
What I’m trying to do is to establish a serial communication between the guest and host to streamg some data.

The command that I use to launch qemu goes as fallow:

sudo qemu-system-arm -M beaglexm -m 1024 -sd ./test.img -clock unix -serial stdio -device usb-mouse -device usb-kbd –serial pts

when qemu launches I get this message:
char device redirected to /dev/pts/1 (label serial1)

and then the guest boots. As this far everything is fine.

The problem is when I try to use on /dev/ttyS0 in the guest to start communicationg with the host I get  Input/output error.

On the host I use minicom and open /dev/pts/1

On the gest I use:

open tty:
stty -F /dev/ttyS0 9600 cs8 cread clocal
and it returns:
stty: /dev/ttyS0: Input/output error

write:
echo “test” > /dev/ttyS0
and it returns:
-bash: echo: write error: Input/output error

Read:
cat /dev/ttyS0
and it returns:
cat: read error: Input/output error