Re: [Qemu-discuss] installation

From: jb-gnumlists
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] installation
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 08:16:08 +0200

On 29-04-2013 07:29, John Jenkinson wrote:
I'm trying to run MARSS using qemu by following the instructions here:

http://marss86.org/~marss86/index.php/Getting_Started <http://marss86.org/%7Emarss86/index.php/Getting_Started>

I'm supposed to specify the path for the disk image, but I'm not sure what the image looks like. I don't see anything obvious in my qemu-1.4.1 folder. I need help for the disk images and config files.

From a quick look, this either refers to a MARSS disk image built by the previous steps of their Getting Started page, or more likely to an image of whatever computer you are going to simulate using a MARSS-patched qemu.

In the latter case, creating that image is your job and might typically be done by starting with a blank disk image, simulating a blank hard disk drive, then run the BIOS boot and an OS installation under qemu+MARSS. Creating a blank disk image is typically done with the "qemu-img create" command.

The qemu program generally uses no config files at all, taking all its options on the (sometimes very long) command line. If additional config files are needed with MARSS to describe CPU details, the MARSS documentation and mailing lists might be able to help.

--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, partner, WiseMo A/S. http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark. direct: +45 31 13 16 10 <call:+4531131610>