[Qemu-discuss] Stuttering/jerking sound/video

From: Frans de Boer
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Stuttering/jerking sound/video
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 22:58:58 +0200

I use QEMU already some years for my VM's running servers and sometimes even Windows XP. The later is not a real pleasure but required because most video's are flash based and are not well handled under Linux. Then again I switch back to Linux/Lightspark because streaming video and sound is really horrible under QEMU/Windows XP.

My system is powerful enough (Quad core, 3.7 GHz, 8GB mem) but everything under QEMU/Windows XP is jerking and sound stuttering. I have never observed a smooth processing under QEMU/Windows XP Oh yes, I use the KVM but that does not help either. Also Virtio drivers are used where possible (block and network).

Any suggestion where I might look to let the Windows VM run more smoothly?

Regards,
Frans.