[Qemu-discuss] QEMU-KVM Live Block Migration.

From: Yaodong Yang
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU-KVM Live Block Migration.
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:19:57 -0500

Hi all,

I have a question about the live block migration in current version QEMU-KVM 1.2.0.

A. shared storage environment,
   before migrating a vm from source node, I start the vm using the exactly same command at the destination, followed by tcp and port info. This approache works well.

(This approach is from kvm-migration document.)

1. Start the VM on B with the exact same parameters as the VM on A, in migration-listen mode:

B: <qemu-command-line> -incoming tcp:0:4444 (or other PORT))

2. Start the migration (always on the source host):

A: migrate -d tcp:B:4444 (or other PORT)

3. Check the status (on A only):

A: (qemu) info migrate

B. In the non-shared storage environment,

  I do not know how to perform the migration. especially the destination location of the disk image.
   When I perform the a similar approach like the previous one, only add a -b option. I noticed that the whole disk is migrating and it takes about 20 minutes to mgiration the disk. but I donot know where the image is? and the name of the image in the destination node.

(This approach is from kvm-migration document, similar to the previous one and only add the -b option.)