[Qemu-discuss] ehci: ASYNC list address register set while async schedul

From: Jean-Marc Saffroy
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] ehci: ASYNC list address register set while async schedule is enabled and HC is enabled
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 17:57:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I'm trying to use a USB2 scanner inside a WinXP guest under qemu/kvm on a
Linux host. I use the following command:

$ qemu-system-x86_64 -enable-kvm -m 1024 -smp 2 -net nic -net user -vga
std -readconfig /home/saffroy/tmp/qemu-1.4.0/docs/ich9-ehci-uhci.cfg
-device usb-host,vendorid=0x04b8,productid=0x012a,bus=ehci.0 -hda
winxp-qcow2.img -snapshot

The Windows guest detects the scanner, but the scanner software fails to
actually use it (it reports obscure errors suggesting low level problems),
and qemu prints this message many times:

ehci: ASYNC list address register set while async schedule
      is enabled and HC is enabled

This is qemu 1.4.0, hand built on Debian squeeze (+ some backports +
vanilla kernel 3.7.3).

The scanner works from the Linux host (with limited features, hence the
need to use Windows), and the same scanner software used to work from a
non-virtualized Windows host, so it really looks like a problem caused by
my use of qemu.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Jean-Marc