[Qemu-discuss] sharing input between host and guest

From: Pritam Ghanghas
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] sharing input between host and guest
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 18:59:15 +0530

Hi

I have a keyboard only device where I am running qemu. Keybaord is  attached to USB. Now  the problem is I am not able to share this USB keybaord between host and guest. It works with host if I dont give any arguments to qemu for attached pass through USB device. If I launch qemu with pass through usb device then only qemu has it and there is no way to return to host.

So effectively I want to switch between host and guest with just keyboard and have keyboard work in both environments. Its a linux embedded device based on intel ce 5300 with no established window manager. Simple window managment is done by a opengl based application.

thanks in advance,
pritam